You may have heard that the Qld government is allowing up 20 people to begin physically worshipping again. There are many restrictions still in place around cleaning, workplace health and safety, and vulnerable persons. The Oxley CLT has agreed not to recommence face-to-face worship until we have clear guidelines from the Queensland Synod.
29 March 2020
Given the increased importance of communication and keeping in touch at this time, we have returned to posting the notice sheet on the website communications page. These will be archived here for around a month to allow you to catch up.
If you would like to set up a direct debit to assist in continuing your offering to the church, please see here for details.
21 March 2020
Read the pastoral letter from Rev Andrew.
18 March 2020
On Wednesday 18 March 2020 the Uniting Church Queensland Synod announced that all church gatherings should be placed on hold immediately due to the ongoing need for physical isolation. This means that all worship services, as well as the church’s social groups, will cease until the end of April, when the situation will be reviewed.
- No Gathered Worship Services on Sundays until further notice starting from and including Sunday 22nd March 2020
- No week day activities including, Monday Social and Craft, MMM, Wednesday Prayer, Crossroads, Garden Club, Friday Craft, Friday Night Youth, Sunday Connect.
- Cancellation of Church Camp in April 2020
- Postponement of the church’s AGM scheduled for Sunday the 22nd March 2020
- The church building should not be used at this time for any purpose except with permission from David Greer, or Rev. Andrew.
- All rosters will be suspended until further notice with the exception of the mowing roster and cleaning roster as needed.
More information is available on the Synod’s COVID-19 website.
The church has not made this decision lightly and realises that there will be significant impacts on the life of the church at this time. The Moderator Rev David Baker has shared a pastoral letter that can be accessed online.
Rev Andrew is planning to produce a short video message each week that will be accessible from this website. More details will be posted by the weekend.